“Windows 10 Specifications for Mobile
Good news for Windows Phone 8.1 customers: you can enjoy great new features of Windows 10 Mobile without having to buy a new phone.
The availability of Windows 10 Mobile as an upgrade for existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices varies by device manufacturer, device model, country or region, mobile operator or service provider, hardware limitations and other factors. To check if your device is supported and other important information, visit your device manufacturer’s website. You can find manufacturer contact information on the Contact Information page. You can also get the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor app available free in the Windows Store- to easily check for upgrade availability and prepare your phone to install the upgrade.
Phones and devices that can upgrade to Windows 10:
Lumia 1520, 930, 640, 640XL, 730, 735, 830, 532, 535, 540, 635 1GB, 636 1GB, 638 1GB, 430, 435, BLU Win HD w510u, BLU Win HD LTE x150q, MCJ Madosma Q501
Requirements for upgrade
- Windows 10 Mobile is automatically updated. Windows 10 Mobile users will receive updates automatically during the support period when they are available. Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise users will have the ability to postpone updates. Additional requirements will apply over time for updates, and availability may vary by device, carrier, and market. The amount of time that Windows 10 Mobile users can postpone updates is limited. Support may vary by device and other factors. You can find more information on the Windows Support Lifecycle page
- Many apps, in-app purchases, files, and settings will migrate as part of the upgrade. However, some apps, in-app purchases, or settings may not migrate.
- Some apps and content sold separately. Feature and app availability and experience may vary by device and market.
When you install the Windows 10 upgrade, some features currently on your device will be modified or removed, including the following:
- Notifications for missed calls, messages, and emails on contact tiles is not supported at the time of Windows 10 Mobile release.
- Me Tile and Me Card are no longer supported.
- Cortana can no longer search for apps, setting, email, text messaging, contacts and QR Codes on the device and can no longer open apps through voice commands.
- “Hey Cortana” is no longer available on some upgraded devices.
- Group tiles can no longer be used to receive social networking status updates.
- Indoor Maps are no longer available for some locations.
- Certain enterprise features, including Data Protection Under Lock, are not available; please contact your Microsoft Volume Licensing representative for more information.
- At time of Windows 10 Mobile release Outlook Mail app cannot open .EML attachments.
- Outlook Calendar app does not support Tasks.
- MDM capability to prevent saving and sharing Office documents not supported.
Additional requirements to use certain features
- Cortana is currently only available on Windows 10 in the United States, United Kingdom, China, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain.
- Speech-to-text is currently only available on Windows 10 in the United States (English), United Kingdom (English), China (Simplified Chinese), France (French), Italy (Italian), Spain (Spanish), Germany (German), Canada (English), Australia (English), India (English), and Japan (Japanese).
- Speech recognition, including Cortana, will vary by device.
- Windows Hello is limited to select premium phones at launch, and requires specialized hardware, including illuminated infrared camera sensor for facial recognition or a finger print reader which supports the Window Biometric Framework. To check for device compatibility and other important information, visit your device manufacturer’s website.
- Continuum for phones limited to select premium phones. Feature requires external monitor with DisplayPort, HDMI connector, or compatible adapter and Continuum for phones-compatible accessories, all sold separately. App availability and experience varies by device and market.
- Office 365 subscription required for some Office features.
- Music and video streaming through Groove Music (formerly Xbox Music) or Movies & TV apps is not available in all regions. For the most up-to-date list of regions, please go to the Xbox on Windows website.
- Xbox app and some games and features only available in Xbox Live-supported countries and regions. You can see the list at Xbox Live Countries and Regions website
- Skype available only in select countries and regions. Calling to select countries and regions only. Excludes special, premium and non-geographic numbers. For details, visit the Office FAQ page
- Microsoft account required for some features.
Windows 10 Mobile localization languages
Afrikaans (South Africa), Albanian (Albania), Amharic, Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Azerbaijani (Latin, Azerbaijan), Bangla (Bangladesh), Basque, Belarusian (Belarus), Bulgarian (Bulgaria), Catalan (Catalan), Chinese (Simplified, China), Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan), Croatian (Croatia), Czech (Czech Republic), Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Netherlands), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Estonian (Estonia), Filipino (Philippines), Finnish (Finland), French (France), French (Canada), Galician (Galician), German (Germany), Greek (Greece), Hausa (Latin, Nigeria), Hebrew (Israel), Hindi (India), Hungarian (Hungary), Icelandic, Indonesian (Indonesia), Italian (Italy), Japanese (Japan), Kannada, Kazakh (Kazakhstan), Khmer (Cambodia), KiSwahili, Korean (Korea), Lao (Laos), Latvian (Latvia), Lithuanian (Lithuania), Macedonian (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia), Malay (Malaysia), Malayalam, Norwegian, Bokmål (Norway), Persian, Polish (Poland), Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian (Romania), Russian (Russia), Serbian (Latin, Serbia), Slovak (Slovakia), Slovenian (Slovenia), Spanish (Spain, International Sort), Spanish (Mexico), Swedish (Sweden), Tamil (India), Telugu, Thai (Thailand), Turkish (Turkey), Ukrainian (Ukraine), Uzbek (Latin, Uzbekistan), Vietnamese”