Enter Your Design in the Windows Insider T-Shirt Design Competition. It’s really easy. We have all the rules and regulations below! Have fun! NO NINJACATS PLEASE!
How to enter the competition.
Think about what you like most about the Windows Insider Program (WIP) – the chance to shape Windows, be one of the first try to new features, and join a community of other tech enthusiasts. Then come up with a T-shirt design that captures that excitement.
The winning design will be used for our new WIP T-shirt which we’ll be offering around the world through our Microsoft Company Store. Plus, the winner and four finalists will receive the winning T-shirt, signed by Terry Myerson, Microsoft’s Executive Vice President of the Windows and Devices Group.
(Hurry, entry deadline is June 30, 2016)
Step 1: Register here as a Windows Insider if you’re not already. (It’s free).
Step 2: Register here as a TechRewards user if you’re not already. (It’s also free).
To enter your design, just follow the steps below and submit your design by June 30, 2016.
Step 3: Come up with a great idea. We’re looking for designs that capture the spirit and excitement of the Windows Insider Program (WIP), including the chance to:
- Help build the next great version of Windows
- Provide feedback that goes directly to our engineering teams
- Be one of the first to try exciting new Windows features
- Join a community of other Windows fans and tech enthusiasts
Step 4: Create your design. Your design might just become our next official Windows Insider T-shirt – so it’ll have to meet the following criteria:
- Make sure your design will display clearly on either a blue or grey T-shirt (examples shown below)
- Add one of the official Windows logos from the folder located here. You may use the Windows logo in full (symbol + text) or just the Windows symbol by itself
- Include the words “Windows Insider Program” or “Windows Insiders” or “Windows Insider”
- Use only original graphics and text (English only, please)
- No third party design elements
- No photography
- Note that judges will select the winning design based on three criteria: effective communication of WIP benefits (40%); creativity (40%) and design quality (20%)
- Check Official Contest Rules (listed below) for more details
Step 5: Submit your design.
- Save your design as a standard image file (.JPEG, .GIF, .TIFF).
- Upload your design file via your OneDrive account. Get the link to the file (right click on file name, then click Share>Get a link and copy link). Paste this link into the “Comments” box at right (or at bottom in mobile view). Then click Participate.
- You’re all set! We’ll announce the winner and finalists in July.
*No Purchase Necessary. Open only to entrants 18+ with a valid Windows Insider and TechRewards account. For details, see Official Rules below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
PLEASE NOTE: It is your sole responsibility to comply with your employer’s gift policies. If your participation violates your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability and will not be party to any disputes or actions related to this matter.
GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible.
COMPETITION OVERVIEW: This competition consists of a skill-based Contest. The objective of this competition is to create a design for T-shirt that promotes the Windows Insider Program. All eligible entries will be reviewed and judged using the criteria described below to determine the winners
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES: These are the official rules that govern how the Windows Insider Program T-Shirt Design Competition will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Competition” throughout the rest of these rules. In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Competition. “You” refers to an eligible Competition entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES? This Competition starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on June 6, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2016.
CAN I ENTER? You are eligible to enter this Competition if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are 18 years of age or older and have a registered Windows Insider and TechRewards account and
- If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Competition; and
- You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
- PLEASE NOTE: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore, residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary.
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, any person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this promotion.
- This Competition is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER? To enter, you must do all of the following:
Step 1: Register as a Windows Insider, if you are not already (you may register at https://insider.windows.com/). Create a TechRewards account, if you do not have one already (you may create one for free at http://rewards.tech)
Step 2: Visit the website for the challenge and click on the link to submit your idea for a compelling design for a T-shirt for the Windows Insider Program. Your design should include the following:
- Original, English-only text, drawings, or illustrations (no photographic images).
- The Windows logo and the words “Windows Insider Program” or “Windows Insiders”
- Ensure the design could display clearly on a blue or grey shirt.
Step 3: Create an image file of your design and upload to the Comment box on the challenge page.
For completing this, you will receive one (1) entry. You may submit multiple entries as long as each entry is substantially unique and different.
Note: By submitting your design as part of the Competition, you understand that your design may be modified to comply with Microsoft branding guidelines and manufactured/produced onto a t-shirt by a third party for Microsoft Company Store and sold exclusively through Microsoft Company Store for commercial sale. You agree that you will have no claim against any such third party or Microsoft Company Store. In addition, you release Microsoft and its affiliates from any and all liability in connection with any claims resulting from the idea that you choose to submit in connection with the Contest.
We don’t want to put ALL the rules and regulations here so in order to read EVERYTHING go here.